SCW Breakdown 10/23/2019


==========
October 19th, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Off Camera
==========

BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZ!

The sound of an alarm buzzing wakes up Clyde Sutter this early Saturday morning.  The Englishman hates getting up early.  He used to do it quite often but ever since moving into this luxury apartment in Raleigh, North Carolina he has grown accustomed to sleeping in.  This morning, however, he needs to be up early he realizes as he swings his feet over the side of the bed and stands up and proceeds to head towards his closet to prepare to get ready for the day ahead.

“The Assassin” Clyde Sutter detests the idea of being on a leash.  He doesn’t like the idea of having to behave just because his worrisome agent, Mason Van Stanton, tells him to behave.  Honestly, Mason Van Stanton is no better than him.  If anything, Mason is a worse human being than Clyde.  It’s just that the horrible misdeeds of Sutter are done out in the open for everyone to see whereas Van Stanton’s evil is done in the dark, hidden within the shadows so that no one knows, or even suspects, him of wrongdoing.  Sutter doesn’t care if anyone views him as a bad person.  Good, bad, or indifferent, Sutter is and always has been about one thing in his life and that is survival.

Unfortunately he does need Mason Van Stanton for survival.  This wrestling career has been a salvation for The Assassin, who most of his life was spent on the streets, homeless, with no one to care for him.  Instead of having to steal everything he needed to survive, now he makes enough money to buy it for himself.  Instead of living on the streets he has a luxurious apartment paid for entirely out of the pockets of Mason Van Stanton.  And therein lies the rub; Sutter needs Van Stanton so he can maintain this lifestyle.  It now becomes Sutter’s job to make sure Van Stanton also is in need of his talents and abilities.

It is easy for Sutter to prove himself a worthwhile asset to Mason Van Stanton.  He just has to continue to step into the ring and do what he does best; beat people up and hurt them.  Make them scream in agony.  The Assassin enjoys their pain and torment, winning is merely icing on the cake.  Mason, however, cares only about the victories.  The more wins his client can achieve, the more money they both make.  And if winning and money is enough to keep Van Stanton happy then Clyde Sutter will oblige and attempt to be as impressive as he can.  It is difficult to challenge his resume thus far; he won his debut in a triple threat match, he fought James Evans to a standstill, and his only loss thus far was to Selena Frost, a former World Champion in her own right.  He must have impressed someone, and maybe he impressed the head bitch in charge herself, because Sasha just booked him against Peyton Rice with the SCW Television Championship on the line.

If that isn’t enough to keep Mason Van Stanton happy then Sutter isn’t sure what will.  Still, Mason worries like an old woman, at least in Clyde’s opinion, and thus staying ‘under the radar’ and ‘out of trouble’ are both very important for Sutter.  In fact, part of the terms Sutter had to agree to when it comes to staying at this luxury apartment included surprise inspections from Mason Van Stanton himself.  Apparently Van Stanton doesn’t trust him much more than Glory Braddock trusted him and Braddock kicked him out of her wrestling school.

That still gets on his nerves as a low growl escapes his lips when he emerges from his closet.  He is wearing denim jeans, black boots, and one of his new “The Assassin” t-shirts.  Mason pushed these through quickly, almost immediately after he signed the contract to compete with Supreme Championship Wrestling.  Van Stanton is all about public relations and publicity.  Sutter could care less about any of that.  He just wants to hurt people and he looks forward to rearranging the pretty face of Peyton Rice on Breakdown.

RING! RING! RING!

Sutter hears his cell phone ringing.  He rolls his eyes as he assumes it must be Van Stanton.  That nervous little bitch will not leave him alone and is constantly bothering him, constantly warning him to behave.  The Assassin remembers that he still needs Mason and though it is good to keep him happy.  So he sucks it up and approaches the nightstand, picks up his ringing phone and puts it to his ear.

“Yeah, what do you want?” He pauses as he listens in.  His eyes widen in surprise.  This wasn’t Mason Van Stanton, that’s for sure.  It definitely doesn’t sound like him.  He looks at the caller ID again; a smirk grows upon his face as finally he recognizes the number and the voice of the person on the other end.

“Rebecca?  It’s early, uh, six in the morning I think.  What are you doing calling me this early?” He chuckles. “Not that I’m complaining.”

The Assassin listens closely to what is being said on the other end of the line.  His smirk grows larger.  He cannot believe his luck. “Yeah, yeah, don’t worry about it.  I’ll be right there.  Just stay right where you are.”

Sutter takes his phone and hangs it up.  He puts it in his pocket and chuckles. “Oh this day just got a lot better…”

==========
One Hour Later
Off Camera
==========

Mason Van Stanton had ordered Clyde Sutter to stay under the radar.  He had ordered him to behave and not attract too much attention to himself.  Van Stanton’s logic is simple; Clyde had been kicked out of the Braddock Wrestling School for being too violent and too abusive towards the other students and even going as far as brutally assaulting one of the trainers without cause.  Glory Braddock, the owner of the school, is no doubt telling anyone and everyone who will listen about how he is bad news and shouldn’t be allowed in any wrestling organization.  Van Stanton knows convincing Sasha and other SCW officials to sign Sutter to a contract with all of this being well known was quite an achievement.  Maintaining a good reputation and staying on good behavior is important for Sutter’s future with this company.

So Clyde agreed that he would ‘stay under the radar’; but what does ‘staying under the radar’ really mean?  Surely he can go out from time to time and enjoy a night on the town.  Of course he can go out and enjoy a drink or three and make new friends.  What’s wrong with making new friends?  Nothing in the eyes of The Assassin.  Besides, what Van Stanton doesn’t know won’t hurt him, and if Sutter has his way then Mason will not find out that he is bringing his new lady friend Rebecca back to his apartment.

Her face is red, apparently from crying.  She is wearing torn denim jean shorts, flip flops, and a white top.  She follows Sutter into the apartment, not yet noticing the luxury of it all due to whatever appears to be bothering her.

“Thank you for picking me up, Clyde.” She says, wiping a few tears from her face with her right hand. “They’ve threatened before...you know?  I just…” she shakes her head in disbelief “...I just never thought they’d actually go through with it.  I never thought my own parents would kick me out!”

“It’s ok, Rebecca.” Sutter says calmly, leading her over to the main living quarters and a nice comfortable cream colored sofa.  With a gentle urging from The Assassin, Rebecca sits down on the sofa and Clyde sits down next to her.  He wraps an arm around her shoulders.

“It just makes no sense!  They’re supposed to be my parents!  They’re supposed to care for me!”

“Why’d they kick you out?” He asks curiously.

“It’s their insane, draconic logic.” She answers quickly. “They threatened to kick me out before because I couldn’t get a full time job to pay for my own bills to pay to keep myself up.  I thought they would be understanding; I mean, it isn’t like I’m not trying!  It isn’t like I am lazy and don’t want to work!  I do!  I just can’t get any work…” her voice trails off.

“So they kicked you out because you had no job?” Sutter arches his brow.  These people sound crazier and more stringent than Van Stanton.  Rebecca nods her head.

“If I can’t help pay the bills then I don’t deserve to have a roof over my head!” She exclaims. “That’s their crazy logic!”

“No offense but your parents sound like real bitches.” Sutter remarks. “Hell, even my agent is more laid back than them and he is quite a pisser himself.”

“Your agent?” Rebecca asks curiously.

“Yeah, Mason Van Stanton.  I am a wrestler and he is my agent.  He paid for this place, but it sure as hell isn’t out of the goodness of his heart.  His headquarters is in Raleigh and he wants to be able to keep a close eye on me.  He doesn’t want me to cause any trouble.” Sutter rolls his eyes.

“Well I don’t think you’re causing any trouble.” Rebecca says with a warm smile finally replacing the sadness and grief that had been on her face. The female leans over and kisses him on the cheek.  This action takes Sutter by surprise.

“What was that for?”

“Just a way of saying thanks.”

“Oh, well in that case…” Sutter grins with an evil glint in his eye “...there are other ways to thank me.  Y’know?”

“How’s that?” Rebecca smiles knowingly, as she is seemingly catching on to what Clyde is trying to suggest.

“Come with me, Rebecca.” Sutter stands up and takes Rebecca by her hand.  A gentle pull and she stands up as well. “Let me show you the bedroom…”

==========
October 20th, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Off Camera
==========

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

The living area at Clyde Sutter’s luxury Raleigh apartment is empty and silent.  The loud banging at the front door is the only noise that seems to be coming from anywhere within this apartment.  And whoever it is at the door is persistent and not patient as the knocking continues…

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Where is Clyde Sutter?  That’s a good question.  He either isn’t here or doesn’t care about answering the door as the knocking goes unanswered.  The person at the door will not be denied.  The door seemingly swings wide open and in walks Mason Van Stanton, holding a set of keys in his right hand, presumably keys to the apartment, which he stuffs into his coat pocket.

“Clyde!” Mason shouts.  Clearly he is frustrated and irritated at Sutter ignoring him.  “Clyde!  It’s your agent here for a surprise inspection of MY apartment!”

Van Stanton walks first into the living area to see if he is there.  He finds it empty.  Van Stanton turns and looks towards the kitchen and dining area but finds that empty as well.  Mason is beginning to grow impatient with his client.  He begins to think that maybe he left early today?  This would be ideal, for if so Mason can inspect the place without having to deal with Sutter’s temper or his attitude.  Yes, Sutter has his quirks and no, he and Mason do not always get along, but the money that Mason expects to make off of Sutter as well as the knowledge of how much he is mentally and emotionally torturing Glory Braddock just by Sutter’s presence in SCW is enough to make it all worth it in the eyes of Mason Van Stanton.

Mason approaches the bedroom door and decides to check there before anything else.  Perhaps Sutter is sleeping in like he usually does?  The somewhat crooked agent opens the door and steps inside.  What he finds is the massive Assassin lying in bed next to Rebecca.  The look on Van Stanton’s face tells the story of how displeased he is.

“Surprise inspection day, Clyde my boy!” Mason exclaims.  He points to Rebecca. “I’m not sure she’ll help, though.”

“You could knock, y’know?” Sutter remarks, sounding rather annoyed as he sits up in bed. Mason chuckles.

“I did knock.  You clearly ignored me.”

“Nah, I just didn’t hear you.” The Assassin casts a smirk at Rebecca. “I was preoccupied if you catch my drift.”

“Obviously.” Mason rolls his eyes. “Do you mind speaking with me outside?”

“I do mind but I gather you’re not gonna leave me alone until I talk to ya.”

“You are correct.” Mason retorts as he exits the bedroom and steps back into the living room, waiting patiently for Sutter to follow suit.  A few moments later The Assassin emerges next to him.  Sutter is only wearing a pair of boxers.

“These uninvited drop ins of yours are getting on my nerve, Mason.”  Sutter growls under his breath.

“Too bad, they are a necessary evil to ensure that you are behaving.” Mason turns and looks back at the bedroom where Rebecca still happens to be.  He then turns back to look at Sutter. “And I am not entirely sure you are behaving.”

“Look, you told me not to cause trouble.  How the bloody hell am I causing trouble, Van Stanton?  Huh?  Her name is Rebecca and she got kicked out of her house by her parents.  I’m giving her a place to stay.”

“It seems like you gave her more than that.” Mason retorts. “Where did you even meet this girl?”

“I met her at a bar.”

“Wonderful!  Brilliant!” Mason is clearly being very sarcastic here. “Such a great environment to pick up women!”

“What do you want me to do, huh?  Stay locked up in this apartment at all times unless I’m going to the ring to fight?  Do you want me to become fucking celibate?  Answer me this, Mason; are you trying to be my agent or my damn father?”

Mason sighs as he rubs his temple.  “Clyde, I’m not trying to be your parent and I am not telling you not to have fun.  I’m just telling you to be careful, ok?  I want you to stay under the radar and not bring any unnecessary attention to yourself.  Women like her are trouble.  Trust me, I know.”

“So you think I should kick her out?” Sutter asks.

“If I had my way she would be out of here.” Van Stanton sighs. “But you’re right, I shouldn’t treat you like a kid.  Make your own decision here, Clyde.  Just be careful.  Remember what I said, we do not want to draw any unnecessary attention to ourselves.  Are we clear?”

Sutter nods his head. “Yeah, I get ya.”

Van Stanton turns and walks off. “Look, you and your girl enjoy the day.  I’ll come back another time to do my inspection.”

“Thanks, Mason.” Sutter smirks as he watches Van Stanton walk off.  It is nice to know that Van Stanton will allow him some leeway.  The Assassin truly detests being on a leash but at least Mason isn’t keeping the leash as tight as he once was.  He can do whatever he wants, to a degree.  Just so long as he stays ‘under the radar’ and Sutter believes he knows what Mason truly means.  Take what you want and move on.  Do not stay too attached and that includes not staying too attached to Rebecca.

Sutter can hear his bedroom door shutting.  He turns and finds Rebecca has emerged, dressed in her clothes from yesterday.  She has an uneasy, nervous smile on her face.  She knows that she caused some problems for Sutter and hopes he isn’t too upset.

“Was that your agent?” She asks.  Sutter nods his head.

“Yeah.  He worries like an old woman.”

“I hope you’re not in any trouble.” Rebecca states.  Sutter shrugs his shoulders.

“I doubt it.”  Rebecca approaches Sutter and wraps her arms around Clyde.

“What do you want to do now?” She smirks. “We could go back into the room and go one more round?”

“We could, but I don’t think so.” Sutter pushes her away. “I already got what I wanted from you, so you just need to go.”

“What?” Rebecca is confused, she furrows her brow.

“Let me spell it out for you.  When I first met you I thought you were kinda hot, I wanted to sleep with you.  Been trying to get you back here and in that bed for months.  Yesterday you landed right in my lap and I not only got sex but a nice blow job from you to boot.  I no longer need you for anything else babe so leave.”

“You can’t mean that!” Tears are once more forming in her eyes. “I have nowhere to go and…”

“I SAID LEAVE!” He shouts angrily and stands over her imposingly.  Rebecca shouts in fear and then turns and runs off, out to the door and then outside, slamming the door shut behind her.  Sutter chuckles.

“Well that settles that.”



==========
On Camera
==========

We open in front of a black backdrop.  Mason Van Stanton is standing in the center just in front of the black backdrop.  The crooked agent is wearing a pair of gray pants, matching gray suit coat, and a white button up shirt.  A confident if not smug look is etched across his slimy, insincere face as he stares into the camera.

“Are we beginning to realize that my client, “The Assassin” Clyde Sutter, is the future of Supreme Championship Wrestling?  You all thought him a monster, thanks in large part to the propaganda spread by none other than Glory Braddock, who unfairly removed him from her wrestling school and why?  Just  because he was too rough on the other students?” Van Stanton chuckles. “The last time I checked this was a sporting event.  The last time I checked this was a full contact competitive sporting event.  If you cannot handle the heat then get out of Clyde Sutter’s kitchen.  Supreme Championship Wrestling is his kitchen, his house, and he IS the future.  Breakdown will be an illustration of just that point and no one will be able to argue any different, not even Glory Braddock, after my client defeats another so-called “future of this business” to become the new SCW Television Champion.”

Mason turns and exits the scene from stage left.  Immediately after his exit we see “The Assassin” Clyde Sutter enter the scene from stage right.  Sutter is wearing black pants, a white button up shirt, and a black trenchcoat.  Sunglasses cover his eyes.

“All of my life I have grown up with the knowledge that I have had to take whatever it is that I wanted because never ever would I get any handouts, never would I get any opportunities handed to me from anyone.  What I learned is that there are some privileged bitches who get every little stinking opportunity handed to them while people like me are held down by a society that fears and loathes him.  Glory Braddock didn’t want to see me have any chances to make it in this business so she did her damn best to blackball me from every wrestling organization she could.” Sutter chuckles.

“Too bad my agent has more contacts than The British Bitch.  Peyton Rice, she was Emerge’s golden girl.  Almost immediately she was called up to Supreme Championship Wrestling.  Her career has been all too easy for that little pretty faced bitch.  She doesn’t have to worry about anything because all she has to do is ask and she gets it.  Me?  I just see what I want and I take it.  Just ask Melinda Braddock.  As soon as I got what I wanted we were through.”

“Now it’s you and me on Breakdown, Peyton, and I can imagine what everyone expects to hear outta me.  Are you expecting to hear me say that I want the SCW Television Championship so now I’m going to take it just like I took everything else in my life?” A sinister laugh escapes his lips.  The Assassin shakes his head.

“It isn’t as simple as that, Rice.  You see, you remind me of golden girls and boys I’ve encountered throughout my life, you remind me of chosen ones in all walks off life who THOUGHT they were destined for greatness but in reality they were destined for jack shit!  They were just put there by rich and powerful mommies and daddies and other influential people who wanted to see them succeed!  So you want to know what I really want?  I want to rearrange that pretty little face of yours.  I want beat you up and bruise you, I want to hurt you, maybe even permanently, just for the simple joy of knowing that doing so would bring a shock to the system because that’s not in the narrative.  That’s not what’s supposed to happen.  Pretty Peyton is supposed to overcome, am I right?”

Sutter shakes his head. “Not this time, not against me.  I am The Assassin and I am going to destroy you, I am going to turn this wrestling dream of yours into a nightmare and if I take that SCW Television Championship in the process?  Well that’s just a bonus.”

The Assassin walks off the scene from stage left.  The camera fades to black.


Comments