SCW Breakdown 10/09/2019


==========
October 5th, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
Off Camera
==========

They say that idle hands are the devil’s workshop.  In the case of Clyde Sutter being idle is definitely not ideal.  The Assassin has been sitting on a comfortable sofa in a waiting room for what seems like forever.  He has been summoned by his agent, Mason Van Stanton, to come see him.  What this is about is unknown to Sutter, but he doesn’t like the boredom that this waiting has generated.  He doesn’t like this waiting.  He needs to be doing something.  He needs to be active.  He is wearing denim jeans, black boots, and a plain black t-shirt.  He is wearing a black leather jacket and he stares coldly across at the receptionist, a young blonde woman, probably in her mid to late twenties if he had to guess.  If Mason Van Stanton is going to make him wait then at least he can entertain himself.

“Hey, babe, how much longer is Mason gonna keep me waiting?” The Assassin demands, causing the receptionist to look up.  She is clearly annoyed with being referred to as a ‘babe’ but Sutter doesn’t appear to care.

“I’m not sure, Mr. Sutter.”

“Hopefully it won’t be long.” Sutter retorts. “I’m a busy man.”

The receptionist sighs out of frustration.  Sutter laughs nastily as he kicks his feet back and relaxes on the sofa.  He does indeed have better things he could be doing.  He has a match against James Evans in SCW to prepare for among other things but he has another matter to attend to tonight that is especially important for Sutter.  But as his thoughts drift to this the phone at the receptionist’s desk rings.  She immediately picks it up.

“Hello?”... “Yes, he’s here.”... “I’ll send him in, Mr. Van Stanton.”

Sutter immediately perks up. “So he’s ready?”

“Yes.  You may go see Mr. Van Stanton now.”

The Assassin smirks knowingly as he stands up and walks over towards Mason’s door.  He flashes a smile and wink at the receptionist along the way.  Upon opening the door Clyde Sutter walks, almost struts even, into the office of Mason Van Stanton.  Sutter’s agent sits at his oak desk with a stoic gaze etched across his face.  The Assassin cannot seem to read the expression on Van Stanton; he has quite the poker face, Sutter thinks to himself with a light chuckle under his breath.  Mason nods his head, recognizing his client’s entrance into the room before motioning to one of the nearby chairs by the desk.

“Have a seat, Mr. Sutter.”

“Call me Clyde.” Sutter remarks with a smirk. “None of this formal bullshit.”

“Just sit.”

Something must have gotten under Van Stanton’s skin but Sutter doesn’t his bad mood bother him.  He shrugs his shoulders before approaching a chair and sitting down.  In an utter disregard and disrespect for Van Stanton, Sutter kicks up both feet on his agent’s desk, leans back, and relaxes.  Mason Van Stanton stares directly into Clyde’s eyes.  Clearly he is not happy about this.  Not at all.

“Do you mind?”

“What?”

“Your feet.” Van Stanton states, motioning to his client’s feet on the desk. “Get them off of my desk, please.”

“Oh come on, Mason.” Sutter says with an arrogant tone in his voice. “Let me relax and enjoy myself why don’t ya?  I’m your top client!”

“I currently represent FIVE professional wrestlers.  THREE of them are former WORLD Champions.  And Mr. Sutter...Clyde...you are just a rookie fresh out of wrestling school, a school you got kicked out of by the way, and you have only had TWO professional matches.  No disrespect intended my friend, but you are NOT my top client.”

Sutter rolls his eyes. “Fine…” he removes his feet from Mason’s desk. “Better?”

“Much.”

“Now what is this shit about anyway?”

Van Stanton leans forward in his chair.  He is visibly frustrated and upset as he takes two of his fingers and rubs and massages his forehead, as if trying to ease a headache which he more than likely has right this moment.  After seemingly an endless amount of time Van Stanton looks up at his client and speaks.

“I invested a great deal of money in you, Sutter.  You were kicked out of a notable wrestling school and yet I still managed to pull enough strings to get you a contract with Supreme Championship Wrestling.  Do you realize how difficult that was?”

“Hey now, don’t go pinning that shit on me!” Sutter exclaims. “Braddock had no right kicking me out of the school and you know it!”

“Regardless of who was right and who was wrong in that instance, the fact is that you were kicked out.  It does look back on your reputation.  I stuck my neck out for you because I saw potential in you.”

The Assassin smirks confidently. “Yeah, and I think I proved you right when I demolished those two clowns in my debut.”

“Yes, Phreak and Blackheart, I am well aware of that win.  But you had a major step up the following week against Selena Frost.  And what happened?”

Clyde growls angrily under his breath.  He clearly does not want to discuss his second match as an SCW superstar, for it ended in failure.  Sutter doesn’t like it when people defeat him, when people overcome him.  Being the alpha male is something he prides himself on.  Selena Frost overcoming him is something he still hasn’t gotten over.

“I don’t want to talk about it, Mason.” Sutter spits out angrily.

“Too bad.  You lost to Selena Frost and you need to hear about it.”

“I SAID I DON’T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT!” Sutter shouts, shooting up out of his chair and pounding upon Mason’s desk with his fists.  Mason, to his credit, doesn’t back down.  He stares into Clyde’s eyes for a few moments until Sutter eventually calms down and returns to his seat.  Mason continues.

“As I was saying...you performed well against Frost but you lost.  Maybe it was too much too soon for you?  She is a former SCW World Champion and you’re still fresh out of wrestling school.”

“You saying I can’t whip that broad?!” Sutter demands.  Honestly, Mason Van Stanton does not think his client can beat someone like a Selena Frost just yet.  But he won’t dare say that to The Assassin, who is clearly in a bad mood now that he has been called out.  Van Stanton shakes his head.

“I am not saying that at all.  I’m just saying that maybe you shouldn’t be trying to do favors for The Beauty Factory, at least not unless I am the one doing the negotiating for you.”  Van Stanton motions to himself. “Remember that I am your agent.  I negotiate all of your business deals, even informal ones like the one you tried to negotiate with Chris Cannon.  It is no secret that Sasha does not particularly care for The Beauty Factory and your willingness to do their dirty work on Breakdown perhaps is the reason why she kept you off of the Apocalypse card.”

“I’m getting tired of this shit, Mason.” Sutter remarks coldly and pointedly, spitting venom at his agent. “Number one, I do not support The Beauty Factory.  I do not do their dirty work.  I just wanted to kick that goodie two shoed Selena’s ass.  Reminds me too damn much of that fucking hypocrite Glory Braddock.  That’s why I wanted to beat up on Frost.  And if it got me in the good graces of a gang like The Beauty Factory then what’s the problem?”

Van Stanton sighs as he shakes his head. “They are not a gang.  They are a group of beautiful models who…”

“Oh quit your bullshitting, Van Stanton.” Clyde says, chuckling despite himself. “They may be models but their M.O. is no different than a bunch of footy hooligans!  Or bloody Millwall fans!  For the people my ass…” chuckles again “...but you know, I’d love to get in bed with any of those so-called ‘models’ any day of the week, Sienna, Bree…” he licks his lips which causes even a rat like Mason Van Stanton to shudder.

“Sutter, please stop.”

“Oh don’t act so fucking moral now.” Sutter remarks, pointing an accusatory finger at his agent. “You’re a male just like me.  Tell me you haven’t thought of hitting that hot piece of ass Sienna.”

“I’m married, Mr. Sutter!” Mason exclaims, shoving his wedding band in The Assassin’s face. “Does that mean anything to you?!”

“Not really.” Sutter remarks with a chuckle and a shrug of his shoulders.  Van Stanton rolls his eyes.

“Clearly.”

“You know, Mason, this really has been fun and all, but if all you called me here for is to lecture me then I think I’m going to leave.  I have better things to do.”

Van Stanton nods his head. “That’s right, you do have better things to do.  One of them being your match against James Evans on Breakdown.”

“Yeah, I saw that.  He’s another former world champion.  If Selena Frost was ‘too much too soon’ as you stupidly put it, then why is James Evans ok?”

“Oh James is definitely on Selena Frost’s level.  He may be tougher, even.  But you did well against Frost, and the way I feel is that you should be given the opportunity to prove to SCW that you can hang against the upper echelon of this roster.  So go out there and do what you do best.”

Sutter grins knowingly. “Hurt the fucker?”

“You said it.  Not me.” Mason states with a wink. “See, if you even don’t defeat James...though beating him would be HUGE for your career...but even if you don’t defeat James, hurting him would send a message to the roster that you are to be feared.  And fear generates respect, power…”

The Assassin finally seems to relax and calm after a long period of angst throughout this conversation with his agent.  Sutter nods his head in agreement. “Finally you’re speaking my language, Mason.  That is the kind of shit I am good at.  I can go out to the ring break someone like James Evans in half and all you have to do is make me look good and collect the money.”

Mason Van Stanton nods his head in agreement with his large, over exuberant client. “This is true, we both have our own purpose which is what makes our partnership work.  You do the job inside the ring and me, I handle the business aspect.  I have already been discussing possible business ventures for you after your wrestling career takes off.”

“What kind of business ventures?” Sutter asks with an arched brow out of curiosity.

“Magazine interviews.  ESPN.  Photoshoots and advertisements…”

Sutter shakes his head. “You’re talking the language of The Beauty Factory, or even that bitch Glory Braddock.  Not me.”

“Well we can cross that bridge when we get there.” Mason remarks.

“Sure we will.” The Assassin says with a sigh. “Anyway, I have to leave.  I gotta get ready to meet a woman.”

“A woman?” Mason asks curiously. “Mind telling me about her?”

“I didn’t think you had a masculine bone in your body, Van Stanton.”

“I said I was married.  I’m not dead.” Mason remarks with a smirk of his own on his face.

“Good point.” Clyde shrugs his shoulders. “Anyway, she’s just some lady I met in a bar awhile back.”

“And you’re meeting her again?”

“Yeah.  Well, I hope to.” Sutter clarifies. “Going back to the same bar.  I think she frequents it, so I’m hoping to bump into her again.”

Mason Van Stanton pauses as he ponders this revelation.  He sighs and shakes his head. “I’m not sure I like this…”

“What?” Sutter asks. “It’s just a girl.”

“I know but meeting strangers can be dangerous, especially for a future celebrity like you.”

“Oh quit acting like a damn old woman, Mason.” Sutter says, rolling his eyes.

“Look, all I’m saying is be careful.  Women can get you into trouble.”

“I’ll be careful mom…” Sutter remarks, spitting that last word out as an insult to Mason.  The Assassin stands up and just as Mason extends his hand to shake Clyde’s, Sutter turns and walks off, ignoring the handshake altogether.

==========
October 5th, 2019
Raleigh, NC
A Few Hours Later
Off Camera
==========

Mason Van Stanton bought Clyde Sutter an enormous, luxurious apartment in Raleigh to stay in so long as he remained one of his clients.  Most would be quite jealous of the gorgeous living facilities that Sutter now has thanks to his agent.  And yet The Assassin really does not feel truly at home at the luxury apartment.  Clyde Sutter is a man who lived most of his life on the streets, having to fight to survive.  Thus it is the streets where he feels most comfortable.

The sun has gone down and night is about to take over the Raleigh, North Carolina skyline.  Most individuals would feel slightly uneasy having to commute in darkness such as the kind that has enveloped the Carolina sky on this evening; at the very least they would take a taxi to make themselves feel better, feel safer.  The Assassin, however, had to live like this most of his adult life.  This darkness is his life.  He enjoys it.  It is where he is most comfortable.

Darkness is his home.

Thus instead of taking a taxi or some other form of public transportation to the bar where he last saw his lady friend Rebecca, he is taking a walk.  The dangers are obvious and Clyde knows them very well.  But he is not afraid.  He is not intimidated by the darkness.  Clyde Sutter embraces the darkness.

It’s almost as if the bar sneaks up on him as he spots the sign up ahead.  The Assassin begins to march a little faster towards the bar.  Part of this increase in speed is his desire to find Rebecca and speak to her again.  Sutter has taken a liking to this young North Carolinian.  Another reason for his increase in speed is the fact that he feels like he is being followed.  Paranoia?  Perhaps.  But he learned from living on the streets that just because you are paranoid doesn’t mean someone isn’t out to get you.

It’s better to be safe than sorry.

The Assassin reaches the front door and flings it open.  He steps inside and finds the setting and ambiance, or lack thereof, looks pretty much the same as the last time he was here.  Still loud and noisy but not as noisy as before.  It was the noise that got him in trouble and caused him to get into a fight with a loud and obnoxious drunk.  That fight is what introduced him to Rebecca but still, he would rather stay out of trouble tonight; not only so that he can have a chance with his woman if she shows up but also because he remembers Mason Van Stanton’s warning.

Stay under the radar.  Do not cause trouble.

The sense of being followed seems to grow but Sutter ignores the feeling as he approaches the bar and slams some money on the bar, which gets the attention of the bartender who approaches The Assassin and takes the money.

“Still no Newcastle Ale?”

“No, pal.  Sorry.”

“Fuck.  A Budweiser then.”

The bartender nods and goes to fill the order.  Once the bartender is gone Sutter feels a hand placed upon his shoulder.  It appears as if his feeling of being followed was accurate after all.  Sutter turns around to see who this is who is disturbing him.  Is it Rebecca?  No such luck.  It is a male, looking somewhat disheveled.  Torn denim jeans and untucked shirt.

“Who the hell are you?!” Clyde demands.

“Don’t you remember?” The man asks calmly let with an angry tone in his voice.  The face looks familiar and after a few moments The Assassin figures it out.  He is sober now and not drunk, but this was the drunk whose ass he kicked the last time he was here.

“I remember you now.” The Assassin smirks knowingly. “Back for another round or or two?”

“Maybe I am.” The man states confidently and maybe confidence will get him in trouble.  “I don’t like being made a fool of.”

“You did a good job of that yourself.” Sutter remarks as he stands up out of his chair. “But if you want a rematch I’m game.”

“Yeah, I do want a rematch.” The man states, nodding his head.  “Only this time I’m ready for you, asshole!”

The man sucker punches Sutter with a right hand and then a left and then a kick to the gut.  Sutter has to admit that he has guts and has some strength, but that won’t help him.  The Assassin blocks the next shot and then throws a right of his own and this one is powerful enough to send Sutter’s attacker to the floor.  The Assassin smirks as he touches the corner of his mouth and tastes the blood that begins to come from his cheek.

“Gee, and I was gonna try and stay outta trouble.”

The man scrambles to his feet and charges Sutter ramming his shoulder into his gut and then slamming Sutter back first against the bar.  Sutter smashes the man in the back of the head and then snatches his head and smashes him face first repeatedly against the bar.  Sutter picks him up and slams him on the ground.  Sutter kneels down and shouts at his face.

“Stay the fuck down!”

“No!  Stay away from him!” The shrill female voice shouting sounds familiar to Sutter.  It’s Rebecca.  He spins around and spots Rebecca but it is obvious that those words were not directed at him.  Those words were directed at a biker, dressed in jeans, black boots, and a black leather vest, trying to sneak up on Sutter with a biker chain.  Realizing that the element of surprise is now gone the biker quickly wraps the chain around his fist and goes to strike Sutter but Clyde ducks and body drops the biker onto the floor.  The biker quickly tries to get to his feet but just as he gets to his knees Sutter rushes in and kicks him in the face, knocking him down and out.

“That was fun.” The Assassin remarks as he turns and spots Rebecca rushing up to him. “Guess I owe you?”

“No you don’t.” Rebecca shakes her head. “You saved me first, remember?  Consider us even now.”

“Fair enough.” Sutter answers back.  Clyde walks back over to his seat at the bar.  He shoves some more cash at the bartender. “Sorry about the mess.”

Sutter takes his seat and the Budweiser and starts drinking.  He is pleasantly surprised that Rebecca followed him and has sat down next to him.  Sutter shoves some more cash at the bartender.

“Get the lady a Budweiser too.”

“Thanks, um...Clyde, right?”

“That’s right.  You remembered.” Sutter says with a friendly smile.

“Surprised I remembered, actually.  I’m terrible with names, honestly.” Rebecca says giggling. “Good with faces, terrible with names.”

“It’s fine.  We all have our problems.  Me?  Apparently I can’t walk into this damn bar without getting into a fight.” He points down at the first man and the biker. “A fight specifically with him and...and who is that other idiot who wanted in on the action?  I can’t imagine someone would just randomly start a fight.”

“I think they’re brothers.” Rebecca answers. “I’ve seen them come in here together before.  Plus they do look alike.”

“Yeah, they’re both ugly fuckers.” Sutter states pointedly.  Rebecca giggles.  The bartender returns with a beer for Rebecca and she thanks him.

“So Rebecca…” Sutter pauses “...it is Rebecca, right?”

“Yes.” Rebecca says with a nod of her head.

“Good.  So Rebecca, do you come here often?”

“Oh yes, it’s one of my favorite places.  At least it used to be.” She sighs. “It didn’t used to be this...volatile…”

“Sorry about that.”

“No need to apologize.” Rebecca shakes her head. “Last time you were defending me.  Tonight you were defending yourself.”  She points at the two men who are now limping their way out of the bar. “Blame them stirring up shit.”

“Good points you make.” The Assassin remarks with a cold smirk on his face. He motions to the door. “Hey, why don’t you and I get out of here then?  I mean, you said it, this place it too freaking nuts.  It’s noisy and I hate noise.  So let’s go back to my place where it is calm and quiet.”

“It is a tempting offer.” Rebecca shakes her head. “But no.  I still live under the thumb of my annoying parents, at least until I get a new job and can afford to move out on my own again.  They’d freak if I spent the night with someone else.”

“So you’re gonna let you parents run your damn life?” Sutter asks in a judgmental tone.  Rebecca sighs and shrugs her shoulders.

“I don’t have any other choice right now Clyde.  It’s all I have.”

The Assassin really likes this girl.  She looks amazing and her voice is so sultry and sexy.  He would love to spend more time with her but it seems as if that won’t happen.  At least not tonight.  But then again, he can look at like this; progress was made.  His relationship with Rebecca is definitely blossoming.  Eventually he will get what he wants.  Until then…

“Well, when you decide to stick up for yourself let me know.  You do have my phone number right?”

“Yes.  You gave it to me last time we were here.” Rebecca nods her head.

“Good, well know that I’m here for you.  Just a phone call away.”

“Thanks, Clyde.  I really do appreciate it.”



==========
On Camera
==========

The camera begins recording in what appears to be a back alley.  The lightning is poor, just good enough for this promo to air and just good enough to see that this place is dirty, and not the kind of place you want to hang around for too long.  A few moments later Mason Van Stanton emerges into view, flanked by his client, “The Assassin” Clyde Sutter.  The two individuals are a contrast to one another with Mason in a black and white suit looking nice and crisp, very well done, whereas Sutter is wearing denim jeans, black boots, no shirt, and a long black trenchcoat.

“Do you know what I really despise?  Fakes.  I do not like frauds and hypocrites and yet so many of them run rampant in Supreme Championship Wrestling.  Your heroes want to be approachable every day people, many of your heroes want you to believe that they know what it’s like coming up in a rough life.”

Van Stanton motions to his surroundings.  The dirt and grime, rat infested alley, it is in stark contrast to how he looks on this day.  Mason shakes his head. “They are fake because they pretend to be something they are not.  They pretend to know what it is like to have to scratch, claw, and fight to earn everything they have when in reality most of them have had it handed to them on a silver platter.”

Mason Van Stanton motions to Clyde Sutter. “My client knows what it is like to have to fight to survive.  He knows what it is like to have what little he has taken from him and given to people who already have too much of what they do not need.  My client, The Assassin, will no longer allow opportunities that are rightfully his taken from him.  My client will now take what is rightfully his.”

The Assassin steps forward in front of Mason. “All my life the fakes and frauds took and took from me.  All I ever wanted was a chance but never did life give me a chance.  No one would ever give me a chance.  I had to learn the hard way that you only get ahead in life by TAKING what you want.  And now I will take from the frauds, I will take from the fakes and pretenders who do not deserve what they already have.”

“James Evans…” The Assassin’s voice trails off as a low chuckle escapes his lips “...if there is anyone who is a better example of hypocrisy and fraud than James Evans I would like to see that person.  After everything you have done and you think that bullshit feel good Redemption run is supposed to make up for all that shit and make you a hero now?  Everyone is supposed to fucking forgive you and those dimwit fans are supposed to cheer you?”

The Assassin shakes his head. “Redemption is a lie, James.  You may have fooled the mass of fools for a moment but anyone with half a brain could see that you were a fake the moment you decided to play footsie with that hippy Wonderland fucker Giovanni Aries.  You fought to try and give control of Supreme Championship Wrestling to a flipping bloody maniac.  You say you were fighting to end corruption but you knew damn fucking well who would have been in charge and what would have happened had you been successful so don’t give me that bullshit line.  I know bullshit when I see it and you and your Redemption crap was, is, and always will be BULLSHIT!”

“No, you’re a fraud.  You’re a fake who is lying to the people and hell, you may be lying to yourself.  The truth, James, is that you and I are not all that different from one another.  The only real difference is that I am honest with these fucking leeches about who I am while you pretend to be someone you are not.  I am not a good person.  I am damn sure not a hero.  Some may even consider me a villain.  I really don’t give a damn what you consider me.  Just know that I’m the guy who is going to fucking beat the holy hell out of you on Breakdown.”

“Cause that’s what I’ve had to do all my life.  I have always had to fight for each and every little thing I have had.  It doesn’t change just because I got a nice cushy contract with SCW.  I’m still fighting for everything I get, and I’m still  fighting to take it from frauds like you.”

The Assassin steps away back into the darkness where one can barely make out his silhouette.  Mason Van Stanton steps back into the forefront again. “As you can see, James, my client is ready.  I’m sure a former world champion such as yourself does his homework so I am certain you witnessed his dominance his debut against Phreak and Blackheart.  I am certain you witnessed him perform excellently, even in defeat, to Selena Frost.  This time on Breakdown as he faces you, The Assassin will not be looking for a moral victory.  His goal isn’t just to be able to say ‘oh, but I did so well’...”

Van Stanton shakes his head “...no, this time my client will accept nothing but your complete and utter defeat.”


Comments