SCW Breakdown 11/8/2019


==========
October 27th, 2019
St. Louis, MO
Off Camera
==========

The place is St. Louis and the date is October 27th, 2019; the date of SCW Under Attack.  Specifically this is the fancy hotel suite where none other than Clyde Sutter is staying for the duration of his stay in St. Louis for this pay per view cycle.  Based on the scowl etched across his face as he glares angrily at the television set, however, one can easily tell that he does not want to be here.  This would come as a surprise to most; Sutter is living the dream of professional wrestlers.  He is competing for a major organization, traveling the world, and thanks to his wealthy agent Mason Van Stanton, he gets to stay in the finest of the luxury suites in whatever city he happens to be staying.

Yet none of the fancy surroundings or wealth and comfort that Van Stanton throws at his client will make Sutter happy.  The Assassin is pleased only when he is inflicting pain and punishment to another human being and tonight while the action is taking place inside of a brutal steel structure known as the chamber, Sutter finds himself sitting here in his fine luxury suite.

Sutter is not happy.  Not happy at all.

He isn’t able to access the Under Attack pay per view and is currently watching news from his television.  His frustration builds up to a boiling point and he shuts the television off with the remote and then throws the remote against a wall.

“Fuck!” Sutter stands up and approaches that same wall where he punches it as hard as he can. “I should be out there! I should be competing!  Not sitting here on my happy ass relaxing!  I should be out there fighting someone, hurting someone, beating someone up!  But I’m wasting my damn time here!”

Sutter lets out a primal roar which no doubt can be heard throughout the rest of the hotel; or at least those on his floor.  Try asking The Assassin if he cares, because he doesn’t.  His anger and deep frustration with a lack of opportunity is the only thing on his mind right now.  He tamtruming rage is broken only when he hears a loud knocking at the door to his hotel suite.  Who the hell is bothering him right now?  He sure as hell didn’t order room service.  Then again, this could be a rare opportunity to exercise some of these frustrations.  He could beat the hell out of whoever this is at the door bothering him.  So what if he gets arrested for assault?  Let Mason bail him out.  That’s what his job is, right?

The Assassin, with evil intentions and gleam in his eye, slowly approaches the door.  The knocking is heard again and he scowls. “Coming!  Be fucking patient, will you?!”

Sutter approaches the door and opens it.  He is immediately disarmed and disappointed upon seeing who it is that has come calling to his front door on this night.  Standing there is none other than his agent, Mason Van Stanton.  In this foul mood The Assassin is in he might have considered beating up Mason were it not for the woman standing by Mason’s side; Mason’s wife, Destiny Van Stanton.  Even Clyde Sutter knows better than to strike now just for a cheap thrill.  So he relaxes a little.

“What the hell are you doing here?” He growls angrily at Mason, making it abundantly clear that he is not pleased.  Mason just looks on with a smug grin on his face, seemingly oblivious to the danger he was in.

“Am I not allowed to come visit my client?” The crooked agent asks innocently.

“If you were actually doing your damn job then maybe you could visit me.  As it is you’re just wasting your time, just like being here right now is a waste of my damn time.”

“How is this a waste of your time?” Mason asks.

“I signed up because I wanted to hurt people.  I wanted to fight.  It’s what I’m good at.  Shit, it’s one of the only things I’m good at, Mason.” The Assassin points a finger at Mason. “But you’re keeping me stuck here!  Doing nothing!”

“I see you’re frustrated with your current lack of booking.” Mason states.

“You think?!” The sarcasm in Sutter’s voice is notable.  Mason sighs and shrugs his shoulders.

“Well, we can talk about it if you let us in.”

The Assassin would rather be fighting than talking but seeing as he doesn’t have much options right now he does indeed step aside and allow his agent Mason to lead Destiny inside the hotel suite.  Mason and Destiny take the comfortable leather sofa while Sutter takes the love seat.

“I want to be fighting, Mason.  I don’t want to be cooped up here all the fucking time!”

“I understand and I have spoken with Sasha D about this and I have expressed my displeasure with how you’ve been handled.  Being left off of the Apocalypse card was understandable for you were still fairly new and I was able to overlook that, but now you are well established, you should have had at least some spot on Under Attack even if it were an early match.”

“The match placement don’t mean a damn thing to me.” Sutter growls. “I just want to punch someone in the mouth.”

“I know you do,” Mason grins nastily “and trust me when I say that I am doing my best to give you these opportunities.  I fear that maybe the horrible reputation and rumors spread about you thanks to Glory Braddock may be influencing Sasha D.”

“You blame everything on Braddock.” Sutter points out.  Mason nods his head.

“I can’t help if it’s true.”

“I just want to know how much of this is YOUR fault.” Sutter states as he points a finger at Mason.

“Hey now, I’m doing the best I can.  I do believe those nasty rumors about you have something to do with this but to be fair you haven’t helped your own cause, Mr. Sutter.”

“And what the hell is that supposed to mean?!” Sutter shoots up, staring down his agent.  Mason doesn’t flinch.  He stares up at the towering monster before him.

“”Calm down and please sit.” Mason asks.  A few moments later Sutter reluctantly does so. “Good.  Now then, I understand that you enjoy hurting people.  But you have to start racking up a few wins, my friend.  And you have only had one win since your debut.  I even managed to get you a SCW Television Championship match but you let Peyton beat you.  If you start to win and you get the attention of the right people then eventually Sasha will have no choice but to put you in higher profile matches.”

“I hear you…” Sutter’s voice trails off.  Mason cares only about the money and the glory that comes with the victories.  He is doing this to rub it in the face of Glory Braddock that he made someone she rejected famous.  Sutter knows this but doesn’t care.  While victory is great, it is more like icing on the cake for The Assassin.  The knowledge and pleasure of hurting another man empowers him.  That’s what this is about for The Assassin.

“How are things with Rebecca?” Destiny asks, changing the subject rather suddenly.  Sutter smirks.  He figures Mason put her up to asking about Rebecca, Clyde’s old girlfriend he picked up at a bar in Raleigh, North Carolina.  Well, she wasn’t his girlfriend.  It was more of a one night stand.  He got what he wanted from her and dropped her like a bad habit.

“She’s no longer a problem.” Sutter answers.

“What do you mean?” Destiny asks curiously.  The Assassin winks.

“Do you really want to know?  Ignorance is bliss, remember that.”

Destiny is clearly troubled as she turns and looks at Mason.  The crooked agent just puts a finger to his wife’s lips to silence her.  He turns his attention back to Sutter.

“Now then, I can tell you that your next opponent will be Max Kane on the November 8th edition of Breakdown.”

“That’s a Friday…” Sutter sounds confused, for Breakdown has always been on Wednesday.  Mason nods his head in confirmation.

“I know, not a big deal though right?  Same Breakdown, different day, and same goal.”

“Beat up the punk kid Max Kane.” Sutter says with an evil grin.  Mason sighs out of frustration.

“Yes, and…?”

“Fine.  I’ll pin the little shit too.  Good enough for you?” He asks.  Mason nods his head.

“Perfect.  Now there is one final piece of business we need to go over.”

“Yeah, well make it quick.” Sutter wants this meeting to end quickly.  He has a short fuse when it comes to Mason Van Stanton and that fuse is already about to end.

“When we get back to Raleigh I want to take you to a dinner party where you can meet some of my fellow promotor friends and other business associates.  Hopefully these inside sources can get you hooked up with some marketing deals.”

“The hell are you talking about?!” Sutter exclaims.

“I’m talking about talk shows, I’m talking about magazine covers!”

Sutter leans forward, glaring angrily at his agent. “I told you once, I’m not like those fake Beauty Factory bums!”

“I know,” Mason nods his head “I know you just want to fight.  I get that.  But look at where you are now.  You are just sitting here, not booked, all because Sasha doesn’t take you seriously.  If we get you promoted properly, if we make you into a household name thanks to some promotional deals, she may have no choice but to take you seriously.”

“I hate parties…” Sutter growls angrily.

“Maybe so, but my husband is right.” Destiny chimes in. “If you want to get in on the inside track, you need exposure.  This could help you.”

The Assassin shoots Destiny a dirty look.  He doesn’t appreciate her involvement and doesn’t like the fact that Mason brought her here.  But he cannot deny that she brings up a good point.  And maybe she and Mason are onto something...

==========
November 2nd, 2019
Raleigh, NC
Off Camera
==========

The Assassin is miserable as he stands by himself in a far corner of a large gym owned by Mason Van Stanton.  This gym has been safely converted to a party area to serve the purposes this evening.  Party goers that include wealthy businessmen and other promoters and their family are gathered here today, all invited by Mason.  The purpose is a charitable one with the proceeds going to cancer research.  As charitable as this may be, Clyde can see through the thin veil that masks fraud and hypocrisy.

Each and every man and woman who he sees out there with their fancy suits and fancy dresses with their expensive champagne and wine, all of them are fake.  All of them act like they care but deep down inside they do not.  The people they claim to care about Clyde knows that in reality they would rather keep those people as far away from them as possible.  This is just to make it appear as if they care and maybe even help clear their own guilty conscience.  If they even have a conscience.

What really upsets Sutter is that not only does he have to show up to this fancy party but he has to show up looking like them.  The way he is dressed in his finest of fine tuxedos, provided by Mason Van Stanton of course, Sutter seems to fit in perfectly with these people whom he views as nothing but frauds and hypocrites

“What are you doing?” The familiar of his agent, Mason, rings in his ear.  Sutter turns and spots Mason standing there, glaring at him impatiently.  “You are embarrassing me.”

“I’m embarrassing you?” Sutter chuckles. “Funny, real funny considering I didn’t even want to come to this crap anyway.”

“I thought we had discussed this already.  This is for your own good.” Mason explains. Sutter does not believe him and shakes his head.

“I’m not sure whose good you are really working for, Mason; mine or yours.”

“What’s good for me is good for you.  This is a mutually beneficial relationship.”

“And how exactly is it that me being here is beneficial?”

Mason sighs out of frustration.  He motions to the crowd out on the floor. “These are all rich and wealthy men and women, all of whom have tons of connections in all sorts of markets.  This is going to help you not only with building up your name recognition but also with your reputation, a reputation that was tarnished thanks to your experience at the Braddock Wrestling School.  People already think you are a bully who just wants to hurt people.”

“So?!”

“So we want to fix that.  Appearing at these charitable events will help your reputation in a big way.”

“Do you think I care?  I mean, sure, this is supposed to go to cancer research, but look into my eyes...do I look like the kinda guy who cares about cancer research?!” Sutter exclaims angrily.  Mason quickly hushes him.

“Clyde!  That’s the kind of talk that hurts your reputation!”

“My reputation?” He scoffs. “Do you think those people out there actually care about cancer research or do they really care about making themselves feel good or look good?  They are no different from me.  They’re just better at pretending.”

“Then maybe you should start pretending because if you don’t improve that reputation of yours then you won’t get any future opportunities in SCW.  Do you understand?”

Sutter takes this as a threat.  Normally he would retaliate physically but he knows better.  He simply nods his head. “Yeah, I get ya…”

“Good, now please go mingle.”

Mason Van Stanton walks off.  Sutter is not happy about this but he reluctantly approaches a crowd of people near the center of the room.  He doesn’t want to talk to any of them.  He doesn’t want to be near any of them.  He’d rather punch them in the face than meet and greet with them.  It is truly difficult to find any pleasure out of this experience.

It is at that point that a figure catches his eye.  She has long blonde hair and is wearing a gorgeous gold sequined dress.  To say that she is smoking hot and sexy would be an understatement.  An idea enters the mind of Clyde Sutter; if he has to be here, then he may as well try to enjoy himself.

The Assassin approaches the young blonde female. “Hello, my name is Clyde Sutter.”

“Oh, hi Mr. Sutter…” She says, her voice trailing off “...my name is Anna Davis.”

“Oh don’t be like the rest of these stiffs.” Sutter remarks with a chuckle. “Call my Clyde.”

“Stiffs, huh?” Anna cannot help but giggle. Sutter frowns.

“What’s so funny?  They are stiffs!  I mean, look at them!”

“Oh I agree with you!” Anna says with a giggle. “I have been thinking the same thing for a long time now Mr. Sutter....I mean Clyde...I just never expected to meet someone who agreed with me.”

“There’s a lot about me you don’t know, Anna.” He winks. “Maybe you should get to know me a little better.”

==========
Later That Night
Raleigh, NC
Off Camera
==========

It didn’t take long for Clyde and Anna to discover that they had at least one thing in common; neither of them wanted to hang around with these rich wealthy “stiffs”, at least that’s the way Clyde Sutter described it.  The Assassin went only to appease his whiny agent Mason Van Stanton but he never expected to get any sort of pleasure out of this.  Then Anna Davis came along, and never did he anticipate that she would actually come back with him to his luxury apartment.  And yet he finds himself no longer at that stuffy old gym surrounded by these men and women he detested, but instead back at his place, in his black tuxedo pants but no shirt and no jacket.  Next to him is Anna Davis, who while still wearing her beautiful gold dress has already kicked off her high heel shoes.  To say that the two are relaxing would definitely be an understatement as they are locked in a tight embrace, their lips meeting in a passionate kiss.

This night turned out better than The Assassin thought it would.

Yes, these two do eventually come up for air but it does take awhile.  Eventually, they do stop kissing. “That’s the best damn kiss I’ve had in awhile.”

“There’s more where that came from.”

“I won’t look a gift horse in the mouth, but I gotta admit, I am kinda surprised you took me up on this offer.”

“Yeah, me too.” Anna giggles a little. “I mean, I really hope this doesn’t make me look easy or slutty or anything, it’s just that...oh nevermind…”

“What?” The Assassin asks out of curiosity.

“You’ll think I’m crazy.”

“No I won’t.” Sutter remarks.

“It’s just that I don’t like my life right now.” She says with a sigh. “Or maybe I shouldn’t say I don’t like it, because I mean who wouldn’t like to be the daughter of a wealthy CEO, you know?  I can have pretty much anything I want, I just have to say the word and it’s mine.  But that’s also the problem…” her voice trails off and Sutter can sense a longing in her voice.  He knows the problem she refers to.

“You’re bored with it all, aren’t ya?”

“That’s it!” She exclaims, nodding her head. “You totally get me, Clyde!  I want some thrills in my life!  And you…well you don’t exactly strike me as the type who fits in my world.  Am I right?”

The Assassin nods his head. “You’re right.  I’m just a professional wrestler, my agent Mason Van Stanton drug me to that bullshit because he thought I needed to mingle with big wigs at a charity function to get name exposure and help my reputation or some crap like that.”

“You’re a wrestler?” She asks for confirmation and Sutter gives it with a nod of his head.  Anna’s eyes grow wide with delight. “Wow!  That’s so cool!  I can tell my friends I met a real professional wrestler!”

“You can tell them you made out with a real professional wrestler.” Sutter says with a wink and a knowing grin.  Anna giggles.

“Yes, this is true!”

“You said you wanted more thrills in your life?” Sutter asks with a nasty gleam in his eye.  Naive Anna simply nods her head.

“Yeah…just more adventures, you know?”

“I can show you adventures...and thrills.  If you’re interested.”

“Definitely!”




==========
On Camera
==========
“Are you listening to me?”

These are the words of none other than Mason Van Stanton.  The crooked agent is wearing a black suit with a black shirt underneath.  A stone cold look is upon his face as he gazes emotionlessly into the camera.  Behind him stands his client, the ruthless individual known as “The Assassin” Clyde Sutter.  Call him a bully or a monster but whatever you call him he is rarely if ever happy and the scowl upon his face right now expresses this.  The Assassin is wearing black denim pants, black boots, and a black trenchcoat.  Dark sunglasses cover his eyes.

“I keep talking, my client keeps talking, but my client does not just talk but he acts upon his words.  He doesn’t just talk the talk, he walks the walk, he has been loyal to Supreme Championship Wrestling since day one of his signing and yet I believe some in charge are still not listening, some still are not paying any attention.” Van Stanton shakes his head with a look of disappointment upon his face. “You would think the loyalty my client has shown would have been rewarded but alas it has not.  Now don’t get me wrong, I am most definitely happy that SCW gave my client a chance while other organizations would not.  I am happy that SCW did not listen to the dirty, filthy, and outright lies of Glory Braddock and chose to give this young man an opportunity.  Yes, I am grateful and my client is grateful.”

Van Stanton shakes his head again. “Do not take our gratefulness as a weakness.  It doesn’t take a genius to figure out what is going on.  The Assassin missed out on both Apocalypse and Under Attack.  Sure, he got to face Peyton Rice for the SCW Television Championship and was nearly successful but please, do not think that we will let this lack of booking at feature pay per views go unnoticed.”

Mason points to Clyde. “My client here is not a happy man.  Granted he is rarely happy, but he is angrier than usual because SCW still will not give him opponents that he feels he deserves and give him a spotlight he feels he deserves.  But then again, I don’t need to tell you this; you can hear it for yourself.”

Van Stanton steps aside and Clyde Sutter steps up to the forefront. “The one thing I do well and the one thing I enjoy the most also happen to be one and the same.  I love a good fight.  Why do you think I was attracted to this sport?  If you get paid to beat people up on the streets then more likely you’re some drug lord’s hired enforcer or a hitman.  But me?  I get paid to beat people up and it is perfectly legal!  The perfect job for a guy like me!”

The Assassin shakes his head. “But I damn sure did not sign up to sit on my ass!  I want bodies to throw around like rag dolls!  I want people to break in half!  You gave me two clowns in my debut and I loved hurting them.  You gave me Selena Frost and I loved fighting her.  I enjoyed brawling with that fucker James Evans.  I can tell he’s got a darkside just like me.” Sutter chuckles.

“And even though I lost, I know I put a real hurting on Peyton Rice and yes, I enjoyed every bit of it.  But you sitting me for big events like Under Attack just serves to piss me off.  I think I’ve been around long enough to warrant pay per view matches by now, Sasha.  You’d be wise to figure that out before the losers you feed to me start coming back to you in body bags.”

Sutter winks at the camera. “And that brings me to you, Max...Mad Max Kane...must’ve liked that dumbass movie, huh?  Real fucking original, kid.  You tend to talk a lot of shit, like I do, but the difference between you and me is I know I can back up my words.  I know I can give just as much as I can take.  You?  You remind me of that skinny little kid who runs his damn mouth and then hides behind his biggest strongest friend whenever he pisses someone off.  The problem for you, Max, is that I am pissed off and I am gonna take out my anger on you and there is NO ONE you can hide behind!  There is NOWHERE you can run, because I will catch you and I will take you apart!”

Mason Van Stanton steps back into view. “I hope you were listening this time, Sasha.  It is clear that Max Kane is your sacrificial lamb and that is fine, I just hope that when my client turns your sacrificial lamb into a plate of lamb chops and puts his bloody carcass on your desk, you will then begin to take him seriously.”

Comments