SCW Breakdown 2/05/2020


==========
January 26th, 2020
Chicago, Illinois
Off Camera
==========

He could feel the eyes of everyone upon him, judging him, as if he had made a mistake.  He could feel the eyes of those backstage at the United Center here in Chicago, Illinois questioning his judgment, as if he were to blame for his team’s loss.  “The Assassin” Clyde Sutter knows better.  Sutter knows that despite their looks and their judgment that he is not to blame.  No, he did not lose this Trios Buy In opportunity; he places the blame entirely upon the shoulders of his teammates; Konrad Raab, Aaron Blackbourne, and Owen Cruze…

...but especially Konrad.  The old fucker got beat.  He was the who got pinned.  Konrad’s utter incompetence cost Clyde Sutter a golden opportunity that may never come his way again.  Now the next stage of Trios is coming, the draft, one of which will be the choice of the winning team captains and the other being a random drawing.  Either way, The Assassin must rely on luck and luck alone to get placed on a Trios team.  He doesn’t expect to be chosen by any of the team captains, because they are idiots.

Dumb fucks, the lot of them!  They do not have vision!  They do not have imagination and most importantly none of the eight captains has the balls to do what is necessary to win.  None of them will willingly pick him.  They will pick their best friends.  Their buddies.  And then he will have to rely on the random draw.  Needless to say, “The Assassin” is not happy about this turn of events…

“MASON!”

No, he is not happy one bit.  His angry gait, the way he storms angrily through the backstage area of the United Center tells of the story of a rampaging monster looking for his prey.  Sutter can feel the judgmental eyes upon him but he does his best to ignore them.  They are unimportant and irrelevant to him.  He only wants to see Mason, to take his anger and frustrations out upon Mason Van Stanton.  Someone must pay and he can’t seem to find any of his stupid tag team partners from earlier in the night, so Van Stanton will have to do.

“Where the fuck did you go, Mason?!” The Assassin shouts angrily at the top of his lungs, hoping to get his agent’s attention, wherever he may be lurking.  He pauses to give Van Stanton time to respond but after hearing nothing he shouts again, louder this time. “Mason!”

“Looking for someone, mate?”

That voice is familiar but it isn’t Mason’s.  This beautiful feminine voice is unmistakable.  A smirk forms upon Sutter’s lips.  He was not expecting this particular visitor, someone who had been attempting to avoid him for a long time now.  Was it cowardice?  Fear?  Doesn’t matter.  Now Glory Braddock sits on a stool still in her wrestling gear, watching with a smug smirk on her lovely face.  She seems confident enough to harass him now.  Taking his anger out on her may be even better than taking it out on Van Stanton.

“What ya want, bitch?” Sutter snarls angrily as he marches closer to the blonde bombshell.  Glory just chuckles and shakes her head.

“Things didn’t go the way you had hoped, did they?”

“What’s it to ya?!  I held my own!  I did my job!”

“So it was everyone else’s fault then?” Braddock asks, arching her brow out of curiosity.  Sutter snidely smirks and nods his head.

“Now yer getting it!”

“Bloody hell you’re thick…” Braddock’s voice trails off.

“Wanna repeat that, bitch?!” Sutter is smirking no more.  He is angry yet again, as evidenced by his scowl.  Glory hops up off of the stool and approaches Sutter.  Neither backs down.  They glare at one another.

“Take it from someone who has actually WON a Trios Tournament, you win these bloody things as a team and you lose them as a team.”

“I get that!  But what you don’t seem to get is that my TEAM fucking sucked!”

“Oh really?  And you were so great, is that it?”

“Yeah...that’s right…”

The British Bombshell shakes her head in disbelief. “Bloody hell, Clyde.  Your team had some great talent...well, most of your team had great talent, including you...you have a ton of untapped potential and trust me, I know.  You were a part of my school, so I know.  What you lack…”

She reaches out and touches his forehead “...is right up here.”

“Huh?” Sutter asks curiously, seemingly lost on what Glory is implying.  She rolls her eyes.

“You are dense.  You are an idiot.  You do not think things through, strategize, or make any plans of any sort.  You just go out there and your plan is to beat people up but you do not have any plans on HOW to beat people up.”

“The fuck are you talking about?!” The Assassin exclaims angrily. “There is no thought required!  You just go out there and kick their fucking heads in!”

Braddock smirks knowingly. “And that right there, Clyde, is why you lost.  You cannot just march into that ring and fight without a plan.  You need a plan, you need a strategy, you need...”

“Blah, blah, blah…” Sutter rolls his eyes “...that’s the same boring shit Sophie kept spewing.”

Sophie was once the head trainer of The Braddock Wrestling School.  Sophie still does assist in training the students but on a part-time basis.  Sophie was the head trainer when Clyde Sutter was at the school.  Sophie is also Glory Braddock’s best friend.

“It isn’t bullshit, it is the truth.  You can’t win without a proper strategy.” Braddock pauses but then shrugs her shoulders. “But what do I care?  Go ahead and  screw up your career.  Ruin it and send it to hell, not in a blaze of glory but with a whimper.  People like you do not belong in this sport.”

That statement, about how Sutter does not belong in this sport, is not arrogant in the same way she has said it to others.  This is more vile, more personal.  The Assassin can sense this and while it does set him off he decides to pay her back by pushing the buttons of The British Bombshell.  And Sutter knows just exactly what buttons to push.

“Awww, I’m hurt.  You’re not still sore about how me and your daughter split, are ya?” He sneers, knowing that bringing this situation up will trigger Braddock’s anger.  Sure enough, it does, as her eyes light up with rage.

“Do not talk about my daughter you piece of garbage!”

“Women.  Ya’ll are nothing but a good lay.  Objects.” He chuckles lightly but then shakes his head. “Not Melinda, she was more.  Ya raised her well, Glory.  We coulda took on the world and kicked its ass, her and I.  But she has too much of your bullshit running through her veins.  But don’t worry…”

The Assassin winks “...Melinda was damn fine in bed.  Gives great blows.”

If Sutter wants to enrage Glory, to push her buttons, then he did just that.  Instead of slapping the taste out of his mouth, The British Bombshell balls up her fist and blasts him in the jaw with a right cross.  This staggers the bigger man backward.  Braddock braces herself for an onslaught but Sutter just chuckles nastily as he rubs his jaw.

“Nice right hand ya got there.”

“I should have you arrested you piece of shit!” Glory exclaims angrily.

“But ya can’t!  Because you know just as well as I do that everything Melinda and I did was consensual.”

“Says you.  I think she’s just afraid to testify.  Afraid to come forward.”

“How the fuck is she afraid to come forward against me?” Sutter asks with a snicker, looking somewhat astonished. “No one likes me, Glory.  If I fell off the face of the earth not a damn soul would miss me.  She would be perfectly safe testifying against me with the lies you’re spewing.  Unless…”

The Assassin’s voice trails off, then a smirk forms upon his face as he begins to realize the truth of the matter “...Melinda has confirmed that everything we did together we consensual, didn’t she?”

Glory glares angrily.  If looks could kill, The Assassin would be dead.  Still, The British Bombshell doesn’t say a word.  Sutter finally remarks. “I thought so.”

“Gloat all you want, mate, but understand that I will not rest until you are right where you belong; in a cage, like the animal that you are, and not out there in MY wrestling ring!  The evidence will be there, even if I have to make it up!”

“Tell Melinda I said hello…” Sutter remarks with a wink.

“Go to hell!” Glory snarls as she turns and storms away angrily.  The Assassin is pleased.  He may not have won his Trios Buy In tonight but at least he enjoyed this interaction with his old mentor Glory Braddock.  He pushed all of the right buttons, pissed her off, and now she’s running away.  It feels good to intimidate a legend.

Legend.  Pffft…

The Assassin hears footsteps approaching from behind.  He turns and spots the familiar figure of his agent, Mason Van Stanton, standing there not too far away.  Sutter looks on quizzically at Van Stanton.

“How much of that did ya hear?”

“All of it.” Mason says with a disappointed sigh as he approaches his client. “As much as I may dislike the entire Braddock family, the fact is that they are a very powerful and influential family.  They have pull and connections everywhere.”

“So?!”

“So, what I am saying is that it is not wise to provoke her.”

Sutter snickers nastily, shaking his head. “See, this is why you pencil neck suits piss me the fuck off, Mason.  You’re hypocrites, the lot of you.” He points a finger at Van Stanton. “You yourself provoked her by becoming my agent and getting me into this wrestling business, despite her best efforts to blackball me.”

“Correct, but that is all I intended to do.  I was finished.  You, you keep poking the bear.  Eventually that bear will maim you, especially if you continue threatening her family.”

“I didn’t threaten her damn family.” Sutter remarks.

“Speaking of the Braddock family, I need an answer to this question; and I need you to be completely honest with me.”

“What?!”

“Did you sexually assault Melinda Braddock?”

As if Clyde Sutter was not angry enough before due to the loss he suffered earlier tonight, this question from Mason Van Stanton just sets him off even further.  Sutter reaches out and snatches Van Stanton by his shirt collar and jerks him up close, to where the two are nose to nose.

“Are you seriously asking me that?!”

“Clyde...Mr. Sutter...please, I cannot help you unless you play as a member of this team right here, and so I need to know the truth.  Did you sexually assault her?  Yes or no?”

“NO!”

Sutter angrily lets go of his grip upon Van Stanton.  “Like I told Braddock, it was all consensual.”

“Well for your sake I hope you are telling the truth.”

“Oh what’s wrong, Mason?  Ya don’t believe me now?!”

“You do not exactly have a sparkling record when it comes to women, Mr. Sutter, or need I remind you as to why you have to attend a psychiatrist?”

Sutter growls angrily upon being reminded of this.  Clyde Sutter had hooked up with Anna Davis, the daughter of a wealthy businessman Mason knew.  Sutter introduced Anna to his world, the world of the streets.  He ruined her with drugs, sex, and lots of partying.  Her family agreed not to press charges if he never saw her again, if he left her alone.  That was just the tip of the iceberg, though.  Sutter would dump Anna by leaving her on the side of the road, not knowing and not caring whether or not she got home safe.  Now to stay away from the possibility of charges being pressed against him, he has to see a psychiatrist.  What The Assassin doesn’t realize is that this is mostly Mason Van Stanton’s idea.  The crooked agent is always looking out for himself and himself alone, now he hopes that these psychiatric sessions will provide him with an opening to protect himself from prosecution in the event that Clyde Sutter does get into some serious trouble.

“I hear ya, Mason…” Sutter says quietly “...I hear ya…”

“Good.  Now then, tonight may not have ended the way you had hoped but there is still light at the end of the tunnel.”

“How ya figure that?” Sutter asks in a demanding tone.

“You performed well out there, Mr. Sutter.  There are eight Trios team captains and I am certain that not all of them will be foolish enough to just pick their friends.  Someone will see your talent for what it is and choose you for their team.  And if I have to pull a few strings as well, then so be it.  But I will do whatever I have to in order to ensure you get on a Trios team.”

The Assassin nods his head approvingly. “Sounds good.  You make that happen, you make sure I get on a Trios team, because I want to win a Trios contract and shock the world.  My time is now.”

==========
January 31st, 2020
Raleigh, North Carolina
Off Camera
==========

He is not crazy.  He is not fucking crazy!

Yet “The Assassin” Clyde Sutter finds himself pacing angrily in the office of a psychiatrist headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina.  This is all part of Mason Van Stanton’s plan to protect Sutter from potential prosecution.  And yet here again lies the hypocrisy.  Mason is just as much a criminal as Mason and yet he is considered a legitimate businessman.  Meanwhile Sutter has to come meet with a psychiatrist because he is viewed as a danger to society and mentally unbalanced.

The office is plain in its decor, with solid cream colored walls and a wine colored plush carpeting on the floor.  There is a nice, comfortable black leather sofa against a wall that faces a large brown oak desk.  There is a nameplate on the desk that reads “Fairground”...

...Sutter sneers angrily.  Whoever this bitch is, he doesn’t care.  He doesn’t give a damn.  This is all a waste of his time.  His time is being wasted right now, this very moment, as he is being kept waiting on this psychiatrist’s arrival.  Where the hell is she?  Why is she keeping him waiting?  Lucky for Sutter, the wait is not much longer.

The Assassin hears the doorknob to the office turning.  He turns in time to see the door open and he watches a brown haired woman walks in in a green blaze, white blouse, matching green skirt and pumps.  She smiles politely at Sutter but The Assassin has no plans to be polite.  None whatsoever.

“Hello, my name is Teresa Fairground.  You must be Clyde Sutter?” The psychiatrist holds out her hand but Sutter just looks down at it and then into her eyes.  He refuses the handshake, instead sneering at her.

“Yeah, that’s me.  This better be worth it, because I don’t want to be here.”

“I appreciate the honesty, Mr. Sutter; this session is already off to a good start.” She motions to the sofa. “Please, have a seat.”

“I’d rather stand if ya don’t mind.”

“Suit yourself.” She shrugs as she approaches her desk and sits down in the comfortable black leather rolling chair. “Although this could be long.  Are you certain you do not wish to sit down?”

“It builds endurance.” Sutter answers in a sarcastic tone.

Fairground takes in a deep breath before sighing out of frustration. “Mr. Sutter, are you going to take this seriously?”

“Not planning on it.” He remarks with a chuckle.

“That is not wise.  If what your agent tells me is true, you need my help in order to keep you out of a potential criminal charge.”

Mason Van Stanton spilled the beans on Clyde Sutter’s actions?  What else could he have said?  This revelation was enough to set off The Assassin. “What the hell did that jackass say?!”

“He spoke of your...issues with women, he spoke of a Rebecca, an Anna, and a Melinda by name but did not go into specifics.  He also mentioned potential drug use.”

“That piece of shit…” Sutter growls angrily.

“Mr. Sutter, I have no intentions of letting any of this go outside of this room.  Anything and everything that you say here stays with me.  But you have to cooperate.  Do you understand?”

“Yeah, I understand,” he nods his head “I understand because that’s the same song and dance I get from Mason all the fucking time.  And I’ll tell you the same thing I’ve told him before; I’m not afraid of jail.  I’ve seen worse and experienced worse in my lifetime.”

“But now you have a good life.  You are a professional wrestler, living the dream.  Do you want to put all of that at risk?” She asks curiously with a raised eyebrow.  Sutter stares angrily at the psychiatrist before finally conceding with a shake of his head.

“No…”

“I thought not.” She motions to the sofa again. “Now please, sit down. Let’s talk.”

Sutter sighs as he approaches the sofa and sits down.  The psychiatrist nods her head, smiling confidently. “Good, so let’s begin with your family.”

“That’ll be a short conversation.”

“Hmmm?”

“I got none!” Sutter exclaims.

“You do not know who your parents are?”

“No.” He shakes his head. “My earliest memories are from an orphanage.  I ran away at eighteen and lived on the streets on my own ever since.  I lived on the streets even when I was training at The Braddock Wrestling School learning to be a wrestler.  All I knew was how to beat people up because that’s what I was good at.  I had to fight to survive and I knew I could make a living hurting people.  I thought that dream was gone when Glory Braddock kicked me out of the school but then Mason Van Stanton came into my life.  He put me up in that nice apartment in Raleigh.  The rest is history...a history I know nothing of…”

“Very interesting.  So your very existence is a blank slate?  You know nothing of your true background.”

“That’s what I just said.” Sutter snarls.

“Have you ever considered who your parents may have been?” Fairground asks curiously.

“No, and quite honestly I do not give a damn.  They abandoned me, so what do I fucking care?”

“That could be the source of all of your anger, Mr. Sutter.  You are angry at being abandoned by the people who were supposed to care for you and love you and raise you, so you are taking that anger out on the rest of the world.  Perhaps finding out who your family really is and why they abandoned you could help heal those still open wounds?”

“Maybe, maybe not?” Sutter shrugs his shoulders. “I really don’t give a damn.”

“Well I do.  As a matter of fact, I will make a note of this to Mr. Van Stanton; he has considerably more contacts than I do, he may be able to assist us in tracking down your family.”

“Why should I care about my damn family?!  They abandoned me!”

“It may help, Mr. Sutter…”


 

==========
On Camera
==========

The camera begins recording in what appears to be a back alley.  The lightning is poor, just good enough for this promo to air and just good enough to see that this place is dirty, and not the kind of place you want to hang around for too long.  A few moments later Mason Van Stanton emerges into view, flanked by his client, “The Assassin” Clyde Sutter.  The two individuals are a contrast to one another with Mason in a black and white suit looking nice and crisp, very well done, whereas Sutter is wearing denim jeans, black boots, no shirt, and a long black trenchcoat.

“Behold my client!  Behold The Assassin!  Behold Clyde Sutter!” Mason Van Stanton motions with a grandiose wave to Sutter, who just stands there, staring stoically, almost glaring into the camera.  Van Stanton just chuckles. “First of all, to show that there are no hard feelings and that my client and myself are truly good sportsmen, we would like to congratulate Selena Frost, Marie Jones, Jay Gold, and that other guy...what is his name again…”

“Doormat.” Sutter remarks coldly.

“Oh, yes, of course.  Tommy ‘Doormat’ Valentine.  Congratulations on your victory at Day of Infamy.  My client and I would also like to congratulate Jordan Majors, Ace Marshall, Kelsai Adamson-Mason, and Peyton Rice for their victory.  All eight of you truly earned the right to captain the Trios teams this year.  Congratulations!”

Van Stanton begins to applaud enthusiastically.  Sutter does not move a muscle. “Secondly, as a piece of advice to the eight captains I would suggest that you pay attention to what my client does this week on Breakdown to Tommy Valentine.  What you will all quickly realize is that if my client’s team had only followed his lead, then things would have been different.  My client is a true leader, a man among men, and a monster who will run through the entire Trios field by himself if he has to, but he will bring two of you along with him on this journey, because he is benevolent like that.”

Mason Van Stanton winks as he steps aside.  Clyde Sutter now takes center stage. “Mason is right, Day of Infamy woulda been very different had my...partners... just done things my way.  Unfortunately it was not to be.”

Sutter shakes his head angrily. “I was put with three goodie-goodie punk ass bitches.  Owen Cruze, Aaron Blackbourne, Konrad Raab, not any of you had the damn guts to do what was necessary to get the job done.  Someone like me, I have the killer instinct not only to kick the living shit out of my opponents if I have to but to rip their damn throats out if need be.  You weren’t willing to reach out and take it.  Now I have to rely on luck?  Worse yet, I have to rely on one of the eight team captains being smart enough to realize that I am their golden ticket to a Trios Tournament win?  Frankly, I do not put much stock in the intelligence of the buffoons choosing the teams.  They’ll pick their friends.  Their buddies.”

He pats himself on the chest. “Thus it is my job to prove to the eight of you that won that you NEED me.  And I can think of no better way to prove that than to kick the crap out of one team captain in particular, namely ‘The Doormat’ Tommy Valentine.  Or maybe I should just call you Kandis’s bitch because that’s all ya are.  Anyone who thinks that team is an equal partnership is a dumbass or just plain blind to the reality that is staring at you.  What I see when I see you ugly mug staring at me is a puny, whiny, pathetic little bitch.  You are her whipping boy.  You are at her beck and call.  She ripped your balls off and put them in a jaw that sits on her mantle.  You’re not even a real man anymore.  You’re a little boy who needs his ass kicked right back into reality and I am just the man to do it.”

“This is going to be little more than sparring for me.  I don’t expect you to put forth much of a fight, boy.  Championship gold isn’t on the line, thus you got no reason to actually put forth any real effort.  And Kandis isn’t there to hold your damn hand along the way.  It’s just you and me, one on one.  It’s you and The Assassin.  You will serve your purpose, though, Tommy.  I can tell ya that much.  You will serve your purpose because your purpose is to make me look good.  And I will look pretty damn good by burying your fucking ass in Portland!”

Sutter steps away.  Van Stanton resumes his position in the center.  He smirks knowingly. “There you have it, ladies and gentlemen, my client Clyde Sutter is going to fight Tommy Valentine on Breakdown and he will use Valentine, a multi-time former champion in SCW, to make an example.  He will make an example out of Tommy by destroying him, by leaving him in a complete and utter mess.  So to the other seven team captains, watch what happens to Tommy, and then make your decision wisely.”

Comments